Profish 440 – The Original Viking
The new-to-the-USA 440 is now lighter and stronger, giving you the ability to explore new waters all day with the ultimate combination of speed, stability, and fishability. As the predecessor to the Profish Reload, the Profish 440 is designed for the serious kayak fisherman looking for a premium fishing kayak with advanced tackle storage at an affordable price. The flatter hull and hard chines increase the stability of the kayak providing confidence in all types of water. Some notable features on the 440 that differ from other Viking Kayaks are the open front well (trampoline screen) with options for hard mounted well cover, the four inch hatch in the tackle well for inner-hull storage, and an additional deck mounted soft bait well.
Profish 440 Features
- Color Option for 2017 – Dorado (Blue/Green). Custom colors available with longer delivery times.
- The 440 Tackle Cover – A cover to store Tackle Well gear while also fully compatible with Fish Finders and mounted accessories. The 440 Tackle Cover is not a Tackle Pod system, simple a cover.
- All kayaks are shipped ‘rudder ready’ which dramatically simplifies rudder installation.
- Info about front well and Optional Upgrade Black Spray Screen.
- Four inch interior hatch in Tackle Well for interior rod and gear storage.
- Additional soft bait well hatch easily accessible from seated paddling position.
- The stock accessories included are one front Tackle Well hatch, two additional waterproof hatches, eight flush mount rod holders, two bungee paddle keepers, four carry handles, threaded brass inserts for hole-free anchor trolley and accessory installation, and attachment point pad eyes.
- 440 Chill Pod – Optional Upgrade: The Chill Pod is a fully-insulated, bread-bin-style cooler that fits modularly into the tankwell of the Reload and serves to hold and chill your catch while still on the water. Note – Not compatible with Reload, GT, or 400 Chill Pod due to different sizing.
- Rudder Kit – Optional Upgrade: Now with ‘toe-tab’ foot controls for superior control, the ‘angler blade’ works in any depth of water due its flush position at the keel of the kayak. No more worrying about that pesky up/down line in the shallows, and if you’re fishing the saltwater flats, you’ll no longer have to worry about your rudder banging into oyster shells or rocks.
- Fish Bag – Optional Upgrade: A fully insulated fish bag mounted inside the tankwell keeps your catch cool and in great eating condition. The Reload comes stock with brass inserts for hole-free installation of fish bag mounts
- Stern mounted Railblaza StarPort for Railblaza accessory mounting.
- 14″ 4′ length
- 30.75″ width
- 57 lbs weight
- 400 lbs carrying capacity
30 Year Warranty
- We stand by the quality and craftsmanship of our kayaks. We want you to rest assured this kayak will last long enough so future generations of Vikings can dare to explore new waters in it. This is why we are proud to offer an unprecedented 30 Year Warranty.
- The extended limited warranty activation is easy and free, simply register your new kayak online on our Warranty Activation page.
- The extended back-to-base 30 year warranty applies only to the original owner, the owner whose name is registered on our warranty database.
- The extended warranty covers the hull of the kayak only. Accessories and attachments (including seats, paddles, bungee cords, etc.) and graphics are covered for one year. The extended warranty does not cover intentional or unintentional misuse/abuse or accidental damage or if it has been used to perform a function that it has not been designed for. Normal wear and tear including dents and abrasions are not covered by this warranty. The extended warranty does not apply to kayaks used for commercial use including guide fleets.
- All Viking Kayaks are manufactured using the very latest development in virgin linear medium-density polyethylene. This plastic is stronger and stiffer than cheaper material enabling us to make the kayaks noticeably lighter. This material incorporates Maximum UV Inhibitors and is Colorfast.
- The accessories on the kayaks are nylon installed with stainless steel hardware – suitable for use in salt water conditions.