Profish 400 – Lightweight Maneuverability
From long offshore excursions to inshore recreational paddles, the lightweight Profish 400 is suitable for any paddling experience..
It’s the kayak for those wanting a lighter boat that still keeps the key features of a great fishing kayak. As the mid-sized model in the Viking fleet, it takes both the glide of a Viking hull and convenient gear storage systems of a Viking deck to pack a big punch into a smaller kayak. The 400 hull has been developed to provide excellent stability using flat chines and paddling comfort is assisted by scalloped freeboard at the thighs, which allow an extremely efficient paddle stroke to be used.
- Color Options for 2017 – Coral (Red/Yellow/Black) and Yellow.
- The 400 Tackle Pod™ system offers the ease and speed of ‘Load and Go’ functionality while also fully compatible with Fish Finders and mounted accessories. Note – The Reload Tackle Pod™ and the 400 Tackle Pod™ are two different sizes and not compatible between the two models.
- All kayaks are shipped ‘rudder ready’ which dramatically simplifies rudder installation..
- The stock accessories included are one front waterproof bow hatch and one waterproof deck hatch, six flush mount rod holders, two bungee paddle keepers, three carry handles, brass inserts for hole-free anchor trolley installation, attachment point pad eyes, and a stern-mounted Railblaza StarPort for mounting Railblaza accessories.
- Rudder Kit – Optional Upgrade: Now with ‘toe-tab’ foot controls for superior control, the ‘angler blade’ works in any depth of water due its flush position at the keel of the kayak. No more worrying about that pesky up/down line in the shallows, and if you’re fishing the saltwater flats, you’ll no longer have to worry about your rudder banging into oyster shells or rocks.
- Chill Pod – Optional Upgrade: The Chill Pod is a fully-insulated, bread-bin-style cooler that fits modularly into the tankwell of the Reload and serves to hold and chill your catch while still on the water.
- Fish Bag – Optional Upgrade: A fully insulated fish bag mounted inside the tankwell keeps your catch cool and in great eating condition. The Reload comes stock with brass inserts for hole-free installation of fish bag mounts.
- The nicely flared bow diverts water in choppy conditions.
- 13’6″ length
- 32.75″ width
- 61 lbs weight
- 385 lb carrying capacity
30 Year Warranty
- We stand by the quality and craftsmanship of our kayaks. We want you to rest assured this kayak will last long enough so future generations of Vikings can dare to explore new waters in it. This is why we are proud to offer an unprecedented 30 Year Warranty.
- The extended limited warranty activation is easy and free, simply register your new kayak online on our Warranty Activation page.
- The extended back-to-base 30 year warranty applies only to the original owner, the owner whose name is registered on our warranty database.
- The extended warranty covers the hull of the kayak only. Accessories and attachments (including seats, paddles, bungee cords, etc.) and graphics are covered for one year. The extended warranty does not cover intentional or unintentional misuse/abuse or accidental damage or if it has been used to perform a function that it has not been designed for. Normal wear and tear including dents and abrasions are not covered by this warranty. The extended warranty does not apply to kayaks used for commercial use including guide fleets.
- All Viking Kayaks are manufactured using the very latest development in virgin linear medium-density polyethylene. This plastic is stronger and stiffer than cheaper material enabling us to make the kayaks noticeably lighter. This material incorporates Maximum UV Inhibitors and is Colorfast.
- The accessories on the kayaks are nylon installed with stainless steel hardware – suitable for use in salt water conditions.